In this issue: The Role of the Program Manager
The Role of the Program Manager
When you begin a new program for a company, you will be working directly with a Program Manager. What exactly is the role of a Program Manager? What are their responsibilities? What can you expect?
A Program Manager is the person that handles the day to day activities for your account. The Program Manager oversees your program to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with your specific specifications/expectations.
Here are a few of the tasks that might fall under the job description for Program Manager:
1. Coordinates schedules of working team members - The Program Manager will be the person to set up scheduled time for staff members to work the account based on budgeted and allowed hours.
2. Coordinates interdepartmental functions - In order to minimize delays in account progress. This might include coordinating conference calls or webinars to further train staff as to the offerings and services of the account they are working.
3. Trains staff members for accounts - Meets with team members on a regular basis to review daily and weekly results. Offers training and tips on how to boost production as well as assists with script changes and common objections to enhance program needs.
4. Monitors reporting - Reviews daily reporting and reports to head managers to ensure account is moving in a positive direction.
5. Sends out daily reports for accounts - The Program Manager is the person you will receive daily reports from. They are the go between for the staff and the owner of the company as well as upper management of the marketing firm.
6. Program development and refinement - The Program Manager essentially oversees all aspects of the program and continuously makes suggestions for improvement.
A Program Manager is an individual that is creative, able to adjust to many different situations, and quick on their feet. They will have a positive, patient attitude about them and can act as a team member with many different hats.
The Program Managers are going to be someone that has worked as a telemarketer and fully understands the day to day workings of a successful campaign.
The Program Manager might be an adviser to a team or team member. They will also ensure projects are completed on time and within budget as well as develop solutions to program issues.
The success of a campaign fully depends on a qualified Program Manager to cement together all aspects of the program - from inception to success.
Would you like to meet your next Program Manager? Contact us to get your program started!