In this issue:Personality Traits of Talented Telemarketers
Rich Enterprises, Inc provides marketing services to companies seeking new business growth. Our services help companies increase their sales pipeline with new prospects and long term customers.
Our services can include appointment setting, lead generation, and business development through cold calling telemarketing.
Personality Traits of Talented Telemarketers
What type of person do you think makes a good telemarketer? Is it the person who is always "bubbly", the person you can "hear" smiling on the phone, the laid-back person who can "go with the flow", or a combination of all these personality traits?
Having worked in the telemarketing industry for years, I've compiled my own personal "Top 10" list of personality traits, in no particular order, that I believe are necessary to succeed at marketing via the telephone.
Here is my list:
- Has a "smile" in their voice
- Is enthusiastic and happy
- Always treats the customer or prospect as "right", even when they are not
- Understands their product or service
- Comfortable talking with people
- Doesn't interrupt and is a good listener
- Doesn't let anything "rile" them and keeps their cool
- Possesses the ability to ask open-ended questions and adapt when the conversation veers from script.
Bottom-line, each of the personality traits in my "Top 10" list cannot predict a telemarketer's success. However, a healthy mix of several of these traits will boost your telemarketing success and strengthen your sales efforts.
We have custom programs to fit every market. Check us out: www.richworldwide.com
Rich Enterprises has many telemarketing packages available. We offer campaigns for market research, lead generation and appointment setting. Contact us for your next marketing program (888) 443-5247.